HAHAHAHA the head of development just came over to talk to my boss about the icons and she just straight up cut him off and said, “I don’t know what to tell you and I can’t talk to you right now.”
A ray of sunshine it what is inevitably going to end with me having to make all these icons anyway even though I really REALLY shouldn’t be.
- Development: We want to change the icons in our software and Marketing likes having input on design.
- Me: Oh thank god. The old ones look terrible. We support this decision! Show us what you come up with and we'll sign off on it!
- Development: So what's your opinion of this icon set we found to purchase?
- Me: Looks good!
- Development: The purchased set doesn't cover everything we need so could you create some additional icons?
- Me: Well I'm not a software designer, but sure! I could probably make a couple icons to match that set. Just let me know which ones you're missing.
- Development: Actually could you just look through this set of like 20,000 icons and pick ones that fit these 210 menu items so you know which ones are missing?
- Me: Uh... shouldn't you be the ones doing... Whatever. Here.
- Development: We don't like most of the ones you picked. Pick other ones.
- Me: I don't even really know what most of these menus are for. Uh.. here's some other choices I guess?
- Development: Yeah.. no. How about you make edits to half and then draw the other half from scratch!
- Me: I.. don't even.. okay fine. Here's a few new icons? This is not my expertise and I do have other work to do so I'll have to do the others later...
- Development: We also need four different versions of each icon. In different sizes.
- Me: What!?
- Development: And actually we've decided we think monochrome is too boring so now the ones you've already made need to be redone in arbitrary multiple colors.
- Me: I didn't agree to this! I was just going to give feedback on what you guys came up with! This is a lot of work and I don't have time for it!
- Development: Jeez! It's just a couple icons! We can't release the new software until you're finished! You're delaying everything! We can't do our jobs because of you!
- Me: HIRE A SOFTWARE DESIGNER!
WHY DO CUSTOMERS KEEP CALLING ME KIRSTY INSTEAD OF KRISTY THIS KEEPS HAPPENING
OR WHEN THEY DO CALL ME KRISTY, THEY SPELL IT KRISTI WHYYYYY
While I’m typing up some other stuff from my notebooks, I might as well share a Fate game 3 a.m. domestic fluff ficlet I unearthed from right after our first (and thus far, only) game.
Oh! You have a butler too! From what I hear your game is just as fun as ours :) Remember! Hitting first usually solves everything! >XD
Or makes everything worse. With explosions.